Well, it seems that Claire has smacked me on the head with the meme wand and I'm it. I am supposed to divulge 9 interesting things about myself. If I am struggling to find 9 interesting things, I've been told I can just tell 9 things. The sad thing is I might have 9 interesting things to share, but I think I already have! I've blown my interest wad in a mere month! There's nothing left in the bank. That's all she wrote. I will rehash though in honor of Claire whose list was definitely more interesting. There are times when I think she is living my life in the city I love... Okay, here we go:
1) I had my 7th b-day in Ecuador. This alone would be somewhat interesting, but it was what my father said that holds the most interest for me. He (wiseacre that he is) told me that since I was celebrating my b-day in the opposite hemisphere I was born in, it would not count. I feel like I have a freebie year to use at my discretion. I haven't used it yet, but it may come in handy in the future.
2) I can play a fairly good rendition of "A Man and A Woman" on a beer bottle. I'll just leave that at that.
3) I had to get a little bit of help from my husband. He sees me more than I see myself so I asked him what he found interesting about me. He said I would make a great relief worker since I have the uncanny ability to focus no matter how bad the chaos and mess around me. Hmmm. I'm not sure he was being nice...
4) My nickname since age 3 has been "Bun"... not Bunny, not Buns, just Bun. My oldest brother gave it to me and swears he doesn't remember why. I tried to drop it many times along the way, but it kept following me and now a third of the people I know and love, generally refer to me as Bun. Even my good buddy Tom refers to me as Bun as well as a slew of other fabulous people.
5) 90% of the time, I sound like a man. I come from a family of low voices so it sounds normal to me, but most anyone I talk to on the phone thinks I am Grizzled or my father or a brother. This is another thing I have gotten used to although I must say it was a little disconcerting when I was an adolescent girl and was the ONLY person in the alto section. No preteen girl wants to sound like Lou Rawls or Rula Lenska.
6)I get lost in observations. This one was supplied by Grizzled as well. He often tells me I see things he doesn't, see entire scenarios he doesn't. He tends to be Mr. Pragmatic so hopefully we balance each other out. When I am busy being the Thistle Whisperer, he is busy dealing with tasks on planet Earth.
7) In a parallel universe, I am Lance Mannion's annoying, younger (much younger) sister.:)
8) About 47% of the time, I find negative space more interesting than positive space.
9) I have been told by many people that I treat words like Silly Putty, bending them and reshaping them to suit my whims. I'd put down some examples, but if I started, I wouldn't stop and I'm at #9 so it's time to stop.
I am now supposed to pass this on... that's a difficult one since I already know plenty of interesting things about the bloggers I read. One person who seems to post more fiction than non-fiction though is grasshopper at Diary of a Heretic. What I've read about her life so far seems pretty interesting. Let's see what else is there.